Tuesday, October 03, 2006

InsomniaX - The Missing Mac App


Did you know you can close the lid of your Mac laptop without it going to sleep? This is cool, well OK not so much cool and very 1999 (on Windows). This was one of the things I missed when I stopped using my old NEC laptop and started using my iBook. If it does exist in OS X, I have never figured out how to do it. This is a great tool, go get it! LINK




From the site.....

Version: 0.3

Description:
It always has been a missing feature: disabling the sleep mode on a Apple Laptop. Who does not want to use it as a big juke-box or go warwalking. The best looking server ever, especially at about one inch height. This small utility is what you will want, this small utility acts as a wrapper to the Insomnia kernel extension.

No comments: