Saturday, September 23, 2006

Widget Dilemma

Widgets are cool. Widgets are fun.  One problem, when you use them you loose track of everything else on your Mac because those cool widgets live on another layer.  Why?  I dunno but it's a pain I tell ya :-)  The Dashboard, area where the widgets live, might as well be on another machine for all the convience of working with it :-)  So, I went a questing again for something to fix the problem.  I found two good solutions, one for $9.95 and one for free.  They are different approaches but both get the job done.  In this post I will talk about Amnesty Singles.

Amnesty Singles is a drag-and-drop utility to convert widgets into small stand alone applications.  The created applications give you the options on size and refresh rate.  The refresh is very important as many widgets rely on constantly updated data to perform there tasks.



I tried this out on several widgets and all worked flawlessly.  I was very pleased with response time and I will be registering this software soon as it is well worth the $10 for the ability to run with out using Dashboard.





No comments: